From: "Soong, SylokeJ" <SSoong@ALLEGROMICRO.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: RE: Can't make XWin on secondary monitor big enough...
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:01:23 -0400

Isn't the command somewhat like this? ... XWin -screen 0 1000 768 blah blah

I have yet to reach to the point in the cygwin/x docs
where it allows the command with options such as
-screen 0 1600x1200@2 .
Are we allowed to specify arguments of this
option this way?
(I'm not too prone to reading user docs/guides
 until I get into trouble).

My actual command is
XWin -screen 0 1900 1400 -multiplemonitors -emulate3buttons -scrollbars -clipboard -silent-dup-error

I believe multiplemonitors option allows cyg/x
to recognise the second monitor and to allow you
to move your cyg/x window to the second monitor,
which I always do.

I needed the scrollbars option for reasons I
cannot clearly recall. Without the option, I seem
to recall I could not
stretch cyg/x window to the extremities of my
large second monitor without maximizing the window.

==============================
Somewhat Important Disclaimer.
==============================
This email, while purporting to be true,
should not have its purporting to be true
be in any way that you might construe
as legally binding as super-glue.
While it tries not to spread viruses like flu,
it may inflame emotions as within a chimney flue.
It may demolish opinions of whoever's who,
and throw conventions down the loo.
So if any phrase herein turns you blue,
don't rush to your attorney Sue Donahue,
to turn me into hot burning stew.
Then I'll be as if some Barrymore Drew
had turned into a cow that does not moo.
Perhaps, the depressing feeling running through
when seeing all the entrapped animals in a zoo.
I could have been enjoying too
a nice plate of Gay-Pan-Moo-Goo,
but if and when you're offended ...
perhaps, it was simply about nothing and much a-do.

-----Original Message----- From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Thomas Chadwick Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:42 PM To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com Subject: Can't make XWin on secondary monitor big enough...

I've got a Thinkpad with a 1024x768 LCD screen connected to a 21" CRT monitor which I've enabled as a secondary monitor at 1600x1200 resolution. I'd like to run XWin in windowed mode on the secondary monitor and take up the full resolution. However, try as I might, I can't make XWin any bigger than 1024x768 on the secondary monitor. Here are the obvious command-lines I've tried:

XWin -screen 0 1600x1200@2

This results in a 1024x768 windowed XWin on the secondary monitor

XWin -screen 0 @2 -fullscreen

This results in a 1024x768 fullscreen XWin on the primary monitor

Any ideas?

-Tom