CygWin : "XWin -indirect localhost -... ."

As a common situation our Company LAN comprises a multiplicity of linux and solaris servers. Servers are all offering rlogin sessions via XDMCP chooser to anyone on the LAN. A user on the LAN runs on his local PC (Windows XP OS) CygWin to access such servers. CygWin startxdmcp.bat in /usr/X11R6/bin/ is used as launch method. The following works perfectly : "XWin -indirect MyLANserverx -nodecoration -lesspointer -swcursor -clipboard". It displays correctly a chooser running on MyLANserverx for both linux and solaris choosers. Similarly, "XWin -query MyLANserverx", and, "XWin - broadcast" work correctly.

Now one likes to remove from such login procedure the dependency on MyLANserverx availability for running the chooser. Indeed MyLANserverx could be down or under maintenance or ... . Therefore one would prefer to use CygWin itself on the user PC for polling XDMCP offers on the LAN and presenting the chooser. This would provide a more reliable login procedure. For the purpose I was launching : "XWin -indirect localhost - ..." to enforce CygWin localhost to be the server of indirect XDMCP queries from the LAN. In any manner I cannot get the procedure to work!? The CygWin X server starts delivering the same dark full screen as in the case when "XWin -indirect MyLANserverx" was used but no chooser pops-up, everything keeps silent at that point. I am quite sure that in /etc/X11/xdm/ the xdm-config and Xaccess files are properly set. I did it carefully as per CygWin documentation in man xdm.

Note further that :
1. - I can start separately the chooser (/etc/X11/xdm/chooser & , after launching "Xwin -indirect localhost ...") but it keeps absolutely silent and keep presenting an empty hosts list even when one pushes on its "list" button.
2. - when trying to get localhost (PC user + CygWin) as participant in the chooser list delivered by MyLANserverx (linux or solaris) the configuration (same xdm-config and Xaccess) did also fail. I was not able to get Cygwin on the user PC to present itself as potential login host for someone on the LAN via MyLANserverx chooser.

Point 2. and "XWin -indirect localhost" failures described above seem for me quite related. It looks as if XDMCP broadcast protocol can not work / is not running / is not set-up on the PC with XP and CygWin. But to check this I do not know where to look. So I am stuck with "Xwin -indirect localhost - ... ". I read all possible documentation on CygWinX web site, on XDMCP How To web location and from multiple Google search results and I can not get a clue about how one can configure CygWin for running on its localhost PC its chooser (chooser.exe in /etc/X11/xdm/ ). I would be very grateful if someone can help me herewith. Thanks.