Using MS Remote Desktop causes screen disruption error

Hi,

When connecting from home to my work computer using Microsoft's Remote
Desktop, I find that I cannot use my already opened Cygwin X window because
I get a 'destructive screen configuration' change error.  Is there a
workable way around this dilemma without drastically changing how I have X
configured.

For what it's worth, my window manager is XFCE and I start X this way:
     exec $prog /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc $* -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin :0 -noreset
-ac -nowinkill -clipboard -scrollbars #-multiwindow

I added the -scrollbars option in the hopes it would let me "in", but that
didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,