Re: SSH X11 forwarding issues

Philip H. Schlesinger wrote:
Hi Brett.

ZoneAlarm, but I have the remote PC in my trusted list. Plus, both Cygwin/X/putty and X-Win32/StarnetSSH work fine, so this seems to be a Cygwin issue...

It may well be a Cygwin/X issue (and I suggested you might go about debugging it), but it's really too bad you didn't bother with the FAQ. (And my bad for not picking up on the firewall potential. Thanks, Brett.)

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#freeze-at-startup

- Phil

Brett Serkez wrote:
Freezes: I type my password, hit enter, and I don't get any additional
output.  -vvv says that things are being sent to /dev/null

What are you running for a firewall? ZoneAlarm, Norton...

Brett