RE: SSH X11 forwarding issues

I believe the use of '-X' has been depreciated.  Try using '-Y' instead.

Sterling

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Philip H.
Schlesinger
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:07 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: SSH X11 forwarding issues

Hi all.  I just upgraded my Cygwin to the latest version and found a
rather interesting problem:

I can do the following command in the bash window with no problem:

ssh <username>@<server location>

it prompts me for my password and then takes me in from there.

--

However, if I:

startx
ssh -X <username>@server location>

It prompts me for my password and then hangs.

--

If I:

startxwin.bat
ssh -X <username>@server location>

same problem: It prompts me for my password and then hangs.

--

The only way I've successfully made a connection with X forwarding is:

startxwin.bat
Execute putty for windows with X11 forwarding enabled
Enter username and password
And I'm off and running...

Help?????

- Phil