Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1034 - Something missing?

Hi,
I'am trying to run xmms on a remote linux while the gui is on my local cygwin-xfree.
Xmms (1.2.10) starts well and is visible. When I try to load mp3's into the playlist the file selection windows opens. After selecting a file I get the following message:
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid class type `gchar' in cast to `GtkObject'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1034 (gtk_object_set_data): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.
GTK and GTK2 are installed in the latest versions. Also the GTK Theme Engine.
Anybody has any Idea what I'am missing QT3, Framebuffer or something else?
I ask because I'am running out of space on the USB Stick where I run Cygwin-X after installing so much more Xfree stuff.
Alex
http://www.aiengine.org