RE: Problem with cygfreetype-6.dll

Dick Jay wrote on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:21 AM::

> I recently installed cygwin 2.510.2.2 (that's the version displayed
> by the setup program) including the X11 stuff.

That's only the version number of the setup.exe you're using.  Each
package you install has its own version number which is one of the
reasons http://cygwin.com/problems.html requests faults be reported
with the output of "cygcheck -srv" attached.  (Among other things this
lists each installed package and its version).

> cygfreetype-6.dll was not found. I've searched and found that file as
> part of package libfreetype, but that's not one of the packages that
> the setup program lists.

The first place to check for questions like this is
http://www.cygwin.com/packages/

Entering "cygfreetype-6.dll" into the search box reveals the package to
be libfreetype26 (current version is 2.1.9-1).  This should be at all
cygwin mirrors.

Phil

the H.E Information Systems Ltd.
Tel:    0161 866 9066