cygwin gnome-terminal pty error

Hello,

I've installed gnome-terminal from the sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports
site with no errors.  Unfortunately, when I run gnome-terminal from an
xterm I get the error below:

$ gnome-terminal

** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error setting PTY size: Invalid argument.

** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
defaults: Invalid argument.

** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
defaults: Invalid argument.

** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error setting PTY size: Invalid argument.

** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
defaults: Invalid argument.

I do get a gnome-terminal window with no shell prompt (white
background).  The menu seems to work fine as I can bring the "edit
current profile" dialog.

Anybody using gnome-terminal in cygwin or seen this error?

Perhaps I have a package incompatibility?  I initially installed from
mirrors.kernel.org and then added the sunsite.dk, selected
gnome-terminal only, and it automatically selected a bunch of
dependencies.

So far google haven't revealed any clues.  Can anybody provide me with
some hints or clues that would help solve this problem?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

--
Luis P Caamano
Atlanta, GA USA