Problem running openGL application on cygwin

Hi All,
        I was able to successfully compile and run an open GL
application. The problem I am facing is that when I run the
application in the same directory where the executable resides it
runs. When I run in  any other directory it fails ? Could somebody
help he what I am doing wrong ? or do I need to set any flag when
making the executable ?

Following is my make file

CC = /usr/bin/gcc
CFLAGS = -O1 -g2
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = -L/usr/X11R6/lib
LDFLAGS = -lGLw -lGL -lglut -lXm -lX11 -lXt
INCLUDES = -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

 COBJS  = bunch of .o files

#implicit rules for handling src files (GNU-style)
%.o : %.c
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -c $<

all:  $(COBJS)
    $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) $(COBJS) -o genewalker
$(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) $(LDFLAGS)

I did set my
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib"

Thanks in advance