Re: Xm/Xt auto-import linking issues

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Marc Vaillant wrote:

> > > Thanks for your help Brian.  I tried lesstif 0.94.4-1 and it's better
> > > but still very buggy.  In particular, it always crashes the second
> > > time I access a menu.
> >
> > Steps to reproduce, please?  I just built grok after much fuddling with
> > errno and can not reproduce.  I know nothing of how to use it, though.
> > All menu options seem to work even with current released lesstif
> > (0.92.94-2).
>
> The problems seem to be somewhat different depending on the lesstif
> version.  With 0.92.94-2, menu selection seems to be fine but buttons
> are not:  select the first database (biblio) under the Database menu.
> Now click on any of the buttons labeled A-Z.  This always produces a
> crash for me.  With 0.94.4-1, select the phone2 database under the
> Database menu.  Now try to select another database.  You may have to
> repeat once more to get a crash.

Ok, I can reproduce this now.  I haven't had much time to work on it yet,
but my initial impression is that it is an upstream LessTif issue.

Would you consider filing a bug with lesstif.sourceforge.net?  If not,
I'll try to follow up as time permits.

LessTif is not very actively maintained anymore, though :-(.

--
Brian Ford
Lead Realtime Software Engineer