XDMCP and Kerio Personal Firewall

Hello All,

A while back I had some problems getting XDMCP working between Win XP and Ubuntu. The Ubuntu login screen loaded successfully, but upon logging in all I got was a blank brown screen. I've recently figured out that the problem all along was Kerio Personal Firewall, which was running at the Windows end. Apparently other users also have found that Kerio is somehow incompatible with XDMCP, even when an appropriate filter rule has been defined.

I switched to another firewall (Jepico) and XDMCP now works beautifully with Cygwin/X.

I just thought I'd report this in case other Kerio users have experienced the same problem and haven't suspected the firewall as the cause.

Cheers.