Is Cygwin/X compatible with HP's mwm?

Is Cygwin/X compatible with the mwm (Motif Window Manager) that comes with HPUX 10.20? Or is Cygwin/X only supposed to work with Linux? I have an application that works fine with Redhat's X server, Exceed, and Reflections, but not Cygwin/X. I was hoping to use Cygwin/X instead of the commercial X servers. But Cygwin/X doesn't communicate with mwm. I've been trying for days but it's just not working. Application windows all appear normal in Cygwin/X but there is no interaction with the window manager. For example, I can't move windows on the screen. The last window created is the only one that gets "focus". Clicking on the others does nothing. Window manager pull down menus don't display. In short, there is no interaction at all between Cygwin/X and the mwm window manager. Is anyone out there using Cygwin/X successfully in this environment? Does anyone know if Cygwin/X has been tested with HP's mwm? I also tried the twm window manager that comes with HPUX 10.20. Is doesn't work right either. The problems are similar but not exactly the same. In the case of twm an outline of the last window created is attached to the mouse pointer. Clicking on the desktop causes the window to be completed and appear normal. I am able to interact with the window manager after that. But what's going on with this weird behavior?