Re: "No absolute path for shell:" error

Thank you for the response Thomas.

I downloaded the source from the website that you listed below.  When I try
to run the 'configure' file that you created to build XTERM, I get a number
of error messages (all of which say the same thing):

"The procedure entry point getline could not be located in the dynamic link
library cygwin1.dll"

Then I get in the xterm window:

$ configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
configuring for cygwin
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no accpetbale cc found in $PATH

Am I missing a component of X development?

-Doug Spearot