Re: Auto hidden taskbar stays hidden

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Thomas Gilgin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> thanks for your answers. I'll try to make it a little bit more clear:
>
> I'm talking about the *windows* task bar. Both "Keep taskbar on top of
> other windows" and the auto hide option are checked. Using Windows 2000
> (5.00.2195) Service Pack 3
>
> For starting X (sorry I'm a newbie to X), I use
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxwin.bat, which contains
> run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
> "Hide root window" of the tray icon is checked (is this allowed?).

It's checked by default for multiwindow mode.

> As long as native windows applications have the focus or none of the
> windows is maximized, everything works as expected. But if an X
> application has the focus *and* any other (native or non-native) Window
> is maximized the taskbar does not show, if I move the mouse to the
> bottom of the desktop. Pressing the windows key or Ctrl+Esc makes it
> show (maybe because the xterm looses focus?)

I still can't reproduce this behavior on WinXP.  I've tried the exact
steps (except that X was running on display :1) and my taskbar unhides
with no problems.  If this is a bug in X, it's Win2k-specific.

> Any more information I could provide (or I should read)?

Let's go with

Please provide the information requested in that link.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu