Re: starting X on an alternate monitor

Eric Gumtow wrote:

Have you tried it with @1 instead of @2?

Yes. The same behavior. X starts on monitor #1.

At one point in the past I had worked out a method to do basically what the @x command does. This was before I realized it had a built-in method of doing exactly what I was trying to do.

What I did was specify a root window size, offset, and pass the -nodecoration parameter to the X server. The exact commands escape me and I currently am running Mandrake rather than Windows, but perhaps later this morning I'll take a look at my work machine.

I do recall it involved the -screen parameter and specifying an offset...

Brian K