Re: I can not get cygwin to work on my PC

Thomas.Sherman@CTCNet.com wrote:

I am receiving the following errors when I attempt to access Cygwin.

Tom Sherman CTC Communications NOC Tech 781-522-8752 thomas.sherman@ctcnet.com

------------------------------------------------ NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY ------------------------------------------------

This e-mail and any attachments thereto is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named herein and may be proprietary and/or legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and
any attachments thereto, without the prior written permission of the sender
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
immediately telephone or e-mail the sender and permanently delete the
original copy and any copy of this e-mail, and any printout thereof.

All documents, contracts or agreements referred or attached to this e-mail
are SUBJECT TO CONTRACT.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses
that could damage your own computer system.   While CTC Communications has
taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, we cannot accept
liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

And what did /tmp/XWin.log say?