Re: Basic question X - whatever

On 28.09.2005 22:56 UK Time, Brian Dessent wrote:
Herbert Eppel wrote:

Just one more thing for now: I think I may find it a little difficult to
get used to pressing the left and right mouse button simultaneously.

Is there an alternative (without losing my double-click function for the
scroll wheel button)?

Some mouse drivers (for example, Microsoft Intellipoint) lets you define
actions for the mouse buttons on a per-application basis.  You could set
it up so that clicking the mousewheel in XWin.exe does the default
middle click, and clicking elsewhere results in the double-click.  I do
this myself, and find it very productive to have different mappings for
different applications.

Thanks for this. I have a (relatively old) optical Logitech mouse, and I can't see such an option in the mouse properties. Perhaps I simply have to get used to the left/right combination :-)

Regards

Herbert Eppel
--
www.HETranslation.co.uk