RE: How to have more than one X display?

On Thursday, September 01 at 2:09, Soong, SylokeJ wrote:
> I had tried both
>
> SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:1.0
>
> SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.1
>
> I was guessing to recall which way it could be
> to change the display number and had to decide
> which to copy and paste into the email.
>
> Either way gives me the same the same message
> and similar logs.

I think the problem is the use of "-screen 1".  I've never used the
-screen option myself, so apologies if I'm way off the mark, but I seem
to recall that it was introduced to allow a single X server to use
more than one physical display.

If this is what you are trying to achieve, you need to start a single
X server with both -screen 0 and -screen 1.

If you really do want two displays, try dropping the -screen option (or
use -screen 0 for both), and use the :1.0 form for the second DISPLAY.

HTH

Phil

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com