Re: Cygwin/X under XP fails to start only on 2nd User Account

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Iain Campbell wrote:

> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Iain Campbell wrote:
> >
> >> I'm new to the list. Hi!
> >>
> >> I have two accounts on my laptop, one for use on my home network and
> >> the other for use at my place of work. I'm going nuts trying to get X
> >> working on my office account, even though it's perfectly fine on my
> >> personal account.
> >
> >> --snipped--
> >
> > Start here:
> >
> >> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> >
> > I suspect it's either a mount issue, or a permission one.  Seeing the
> > output of "cygcheck -svr" will likely provide enough information to
> > decide which one.  Please make sure you *attach* the output, rather
> > than include it in-line.
>
> Thanks, Igor. I've had a peek at the file (attached) and I'm none the
> wiser :-)

The file you attached shows a lot of information about your system that's
useful for those who know where to look -- saves asking a whole bunch of
"thy this -- what do you see?" questions.

According to the cygcheck output, your mounts look good (i.e., you've
installed Cygwin "for all users").  The next step is to look at
/tmp/XWin.log for the exact "fatal error" you get (you mentioned it was
"non-specific", but didn't paste the exact message in).  You aren't trying
to run the two X sessions (for the office account and the home one) at the
same time, by any chance, are you?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/