Re: New Cygwin/X and Xming maintainer wanted

Hi,

Thanks Alexander.

I think, like me, the users of Cygwin/X and Xming will miss the fantastic
job you've been doing.

I compile my own versions, for my own use, and latterly am migrated to Xming
on re-builds/new machines.
If it wasn't for the daily chore of answering loadsa mail (of which I am
guilty myself of many a lazy plea for help when I should RFM), I'd have a go
myself at running, at least part, of the shop.

I currently am set up to build phreads 2-7-0 and Xming (current CVS xorg)
cross compiled using:-
MinGW (binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1 gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1
gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1 mingw-runtime-3.7 w32api-3.2 ++) on a Mandrake 10.2
based linux machine. The built 'latest and greatest' phreadGC2.dll and
Xming.exe (built console less) are stripped and parachuted over an 'out-of
the-box' installation and used with a remote linux font server in
multiwindow and XDMCP modes (en_GB or en).

More details can be supplied, if anyone is keen on DIY, as this setup is
more up-to-date, and universal, than Alex's Xming build notes on the web
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming_2fBuilding
Also these built images could be made freely available on an ad hoc
basis..when I need to keep up with Xwin patches or feel the urge for a shiny
new system to play with.
No promises, but this project should not be left to rust away, and I will be
using it for a long time to come.

Colin Harrison