Re: compiling flpsed under Cygwin

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.

See <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CGF>.

> [snip]
> 3) Sombody must be in charge of putting files on the download
> list. So I presume there is at least one person besides me who
> would recognize what the the term "compatility file" refers to
> when used in the context of X11 library package files. To me,
> your statement demonstrates your personal lack of knowledge.
>
> [snip]
> Your persistence seems worthy, but your discrimination falls short.
> [snip]
> The problem of the so error message jumped out at you. It didn't need a
> first-level tier help script approach used by technicians of limited
> experience.
>
> Also I didn't know .so files were forbidden to Cygwin since my
> Apache directory is full of them, installed by Cygwin. So from 0)
> your statement "Cygwin/Windows do not use .so files" seems

Cygwin/Windows does not use *Linux* .so files.  Copying a *Linux* .so file
to Cygwin and expecting it to work shows total ignorance of what Cygwin is
and how it works (see the "What isn't Cygwin" section at the top of the
Cygwin web page).

As for the rest of your points, see below.

> [snip]
>
> 1. "If you are truly using XFree86 then you're off-topic for this mailing
> list. "We don't support XFree86 anymore." Unless you are in charge of this
> list with the power of refuting the FAQ the use of "we" seems yet another case
> of the "we" consisting of an X-man with a mouse in his pocket. People with
> little qualification habitually use the term "we" to hide their inexperience.
> It advertises their feeling of being on insecure ground.

As a matter of fact, he *is* in charge.  See <http://cygwin.com/who.html>.
FYI, Brian Dessent, whose very valid help you so frivolously dismissed as
"first-level tier help script approach", is the maintainer of Cygwin's
apache packages, as well as the Cygwin install program, so he's well aware
of the issues of compiling programs in Cygwin.

> I will be moving on, Stephen

Yes, I think you'd better.
	Igor
--