Setup Version 2.457.2.2: SSH X11 Forwarding McAfee

Hello there,

I have two identical full installations of cygwin that came with setup
version 2.457.2.2 on two XP machines. One machine is running Zonealarm
basic and the second McAfee security center. Both firewalls have
properly assigned permissions to X11 programs and ssh.

I use these machines to access Redhat servers using
ssh -X and ssh -Y to enable X11 forwarding. I open an
xterm from within a cygwin wmaker session and issue
ssh commands. The machine with Zonealarm has no problem,
i.e., it does login and function properly. The second
machine with McAfee is able to login using ssh without
any -X or -Y switch but the xterm hangs after I have
entered the passwd when -X or -Y switches are included.

I have performed another test scenario on the machine
with McAfee. When I open an
ssh session from putty and enable X11 tunneling, I can
login and issue X commands from my putty session which
results in executing those commands inside my
wmaker session with no problem.

Can somebody shed some light on how I can fix the
problem with my XP machine running McAfee, i.e,
I want to be able to run ssh command from within
wmaker while enabling -X or -Y switches.

Regards,
HY