RE: Mouse button copy/paste not working

Charles Packer wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
>> See <http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#remote> (please
>> read
>>
>> the whole section).
>> 	Igor
>>

> Typical Unix-head response ("Read the whole book..."). There
> is nothing
> in the FAQ that deals with this problem. However, perusing
> the Cygwin/X
> installation instructions, under the section on logging on to remote
> clients, I noticed the suggested ssh command: ssh -Y -l username
> hostdomain. I checked to see what our PC guy had set me up with under
> the alias he had given me: ssh -X -l myname $1. Changing -X
> to -Y made
> all the difference and solved the problem. Returning to the
> FAQ, there
> is a question "X forwarding does not work does not work with OpenSSH
> under Cygwin" in which the answer I needed is embedded as an
> afterthought. Suggestion: Add to the FAQ a question specifically
> mentioning the symptoms I described.

What browser are you using -- when i clicked on the link provided, my
browser opened up with the following at the top of the browser page(i.e.
my browser opened with the page scrolled to the correct location):

5. Remote connections

5.1. X11Forwarding does not work with OpenSSH under Cygwin

A1:

OpenSSH 3.8 enables untrusted X11 forwarding by default when connecting
to an ssh server that supports untrusted X11Forwarding. Most ssh servers
for GNU/Linux are versions of OpenSSH that do support untrusted
X11Forwarding, so using OpenSSH 3.8 from Cygwin will result in a
connection that uses untrusted X11Forwarding by default. You will
quickly notice that this is the case if most of your X applications are
now killed when you try to copy and paste or if xdpyinfo returns only a
fraction of the supported extensions that it does if run locally.

It is easiest to just override untrusted X11Forwarding by passing -Y to
ssh in place of -X. The -Y does the same thing as -X, but it enables
trusted X11Forwarding for the current connection.

Which is exactly the answer you were looking for....

reid