Re: TrueType problem + question

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, nitzan shaked wrote:

> Alex, Thomas
>
> Thank you both. It works, of course... In the mean time I figured out that I do need to run mkfontdir. There are a couple of follow-up questions:
>
> 1) What is FT's "font cache"? Is that related to the fonts.cache-1? I assume if I just delete it it will get rebuilt.

A cache where Freetype stores information about fonts. Yes. Yes, if you call fc-cache or font-update.

> 2) There is no fonts.alias file. I assume that's why xfontsel will only show one size per font. Is that the way you work as well, or do you create a font file (eg a PERL script)?

For truetype fonts there is no set of font sizes. You can scale them to
any size you want. Use the entries from xfontsel as base and just add the
fontsize as illustrated in my previous mail.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de