From: Alexander Gottwald [mailto:alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 5:56 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Multi-Monitor Mode (Win XP) and size of remote
X-Windows

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, chris schlund wrote:

> when i export my display from my linux box to my xp box i got problems
> with the heigth/width of several application windows
> ( e.g. yast2, eclipse3 (some message boxes),..). these apps opens a
> windows which fully fills up both monitors.
> i dont know anything about X and if i address the right mailing list
> with that problem, but there must be some functions like
> GetDisplayHeigth() and GetDisplayWidth() and I think these function
> returns the overall size over both monitors.
> wouldn't it be a better idea to return only heigth/width of current
> monitor (whichever this is).

Cygwin/X creates a work area which includes the whole desktop. This in
result is the only monitor (or screen in X11 terms) the xserver knows
about and therefore a distinction between the two monitors in X11 is
not possible unless someone starts working on xinerama support in Cygwin/X.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de