Re: sshd and X

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:

> Thanks for trying, but it gives the same result.
>
> Maybe if I ask the question in a different way? Someone here MUST know
> this -
>
> How do you configure a Windows machine to receive ssh connections (done)
> and also run x applications and send the display back to the ssh client?
>
> Is there a how-to for this? I realize it is pretty specific to Cygwin/X

Setting up the X11 tunnel is a bit complicated as sshd must create an xauth
cookie and ad it to ~/.Xauthorities. If this fails (either because xauth
was not found or some dll is not available or the like) x11 forwarding
will most likely be disabled.

Maybe ssh -v -v -v wil give you a clue what is happening.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de