Re: Base-files 3.4-1: Problems for users with Non-Admin. priv

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> The t bit is absolutely correct to be set for /tmp.  Why is that a problem
> for X?  X should remove the X0 file when exiting, so that shouldn't be an
> issue.
>
> Alexander, is there a problem to remove the X<num> file on exit? This is
> standard behaviour for instance on Linux as well.

If the xserver is shutdown normally the file is removed but if it's killed
or exits unexpectedly, the file remains. This is not a problem on linux since
the xserver has root privileges by default and can force the removal.

I've changed the source to create the .X11-unix directory without the sticky
flag. Removeing the directory should recreate it with the correct flags.

bye
        ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de