Re: Tabbed xterm

Thanks for the info.  I got it working.   One thing though, and this is
probably an easy one.  How can I get a windows shortcut to start mrxvt?  Xterms
are started like this:

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\run.exe -p /usr/X11R6/bin xterm -e /usr/bin/tcsh

but if I try to start mrxvt like this:

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\run.exe -p /usr/local/bin mrxvt -e /ust/bin/tcsh

Nothing comes up.  Any ideas?

--- Charles Plager <cplager+cygwin@physics.ucla.edu> wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Scott Cegielski wrote:
> >
> >> I use ws3 under linux at work and have gotten really used to using gnome's
> >> tabbed shells.  I don't know if this is a xterm feature or a gnome feature
> or
> >> neither, but is this something that could be implemented under cygwin
> xfree?
> >
> > AFAIR there is some rxvt cole which can do this. Search the mailinglist
> archives.
> > The keyword tabbed xterm or xterm tabs should help.
>
> mrxvt is 'rxvt console' you're looking for:
> http://materm.sourceforge.net/ is the homepage
>
> I downloaded mrxvt-0.4.0.tar.gz,
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/materm/mrxvt-0.4.0.tar.gz?download
>

> configured as told to do in the README file,
> http://materm.sourceforge.net/docs/README
>
> ./configure --enable-everything --disable-debug
> then 'make' and 'make install'.
>
> 	Cheers,
> 	  Charles

Scott Cegielski