Re: xine 0.99.3-1, X Error X_CreateGlyphCursor 0x9a

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Peter Valdemar Morch wrote:

> I could not get "showfont -start X -fn cursor" to work with any value of
> X on any of my x servers. I get
> base@peter:~/nzbget> showfont -start $((0x99)) -fn cursor
> can't open server "localhost:7100"
>
> Am I supposed to start some font server? How? Would that possibly help
> me out?

It seems you have the FONTSERVER variable set and showfont tries to contact
that server. But I doubt starting the fontserver without changing too much will
solve the situation without introducing new problems.

> (This is where X turns into Voodoo for me)
>
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5813804&forum_id=3438
>
> It suggests to put
> feature.cursors          = 0
> in a file called ~/.xitkrc, but that doesn't help.
>
> Is this a xine bug in your opinion? 'Cause then I'll stop bugging this
> list... :-D

It happend on Mandrake too, the error is a generic error stating a wrong fucntion
parameter. Yes I think is a xine bug.

bye
	ago
--