Re: Missing libs when compiling GTK+ code

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Radek Vokal wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:26:36 +0100, Gerrit P. Haase <gp@XXXXXXXXXXXX.XX> wrote:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > > Just a guess: what about the permissions on these files?
> > > Can you do `ls /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a` as the same user who issues
> > > the make command?  How looks the link command used?
> >
> > This looks fine. Does permission really mather in Cygwin anyway? I see
> > all these listed files, ls -l /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a says
> >
> > -rwxr-x---+ 1 rat Users 7630 Jul  6  2004 /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a*
> >
> > which seems to be ok.
>
> Does it help if you run gcc with CYGWIN="notraverse"?
>         Igor
> --

I think I do sth wrong. I started with helloword example trying to
compile it with

gcc -mms-bitfields -mno-cygwin -mwindows helloworld.c -o
helloworld.exe `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --libs
gtk+-2.0`

but I get several errors starting with

helloword.c:1:21: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

which looks really supicious. When I try to locate gtk.h file I find it in
/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtk.h
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h

Igor, what does it mean CYGWIN="notraverse"?