Fwd: GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest error with Xwin_gl.exe

Hi Alexander.

I made a little progress on this error with the help of the
application's authors. By changing the application's method for
rendering offscreen buffers from SGIX (hardware acceleration) to GLX
(no hardware acceleration) I can avoid the error. Although SGIX works
on my Nvidia card with Linux, it does not work for many people,
including apparently all ATI users. Information on this application
setting is here:
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Gazebo-manual-0.5-html/gazebo_opengl.html
So the problem may be in many X servers besides just Cygwin/X.

However, Gazebo now dies immediately after with the cryptic message
"Bad System Call":
$ gazebo.exe example.world
*** Gazebo 0.5.1 ***
using display [127.0.0.1:0.0]
rendering: [GLX offscreen] direct [no] RGBA [8 8 8 8] depth [16]
Bad system call

The X server's messages during this time are:
glWinCreateContext:677: glWinCreateContext
glWinCreateContext:696: glWinCreateContext done
glWinDestroyContext:411: glWinDestroyContext (ctx 0x0)

Can you tell from this whether the problem is in the application or in
the rendering?

Dave