Re: startx problems, permissions?

Chuck Theobald wrote:

> The contents of /tmp/XWin.log contain a message saying that /tmp/XWin.log
> could not be written to.  Changing permissions of this file (as an
> Administrator) to 666 avoids this, but subsequent attempts still produce
> the fatal error with a message to the effect that a socket could not be
> created.
>
> Is there a definitive document describing the necessary permissions on a
> Windows box to permit use of Cygwin and Cygwin/X by users authenticated to
> a Windows domain?  If not, can someone offer advice on how to get this
> running so my office can make use of cygwin/x as something other than a toy?

Cygwin inherits the security settings from windows. If the user has full access
to the /tmp directory everything should work fine.

I've setup cygwin with the default install in c:\cygwin but mounted the
/tmp directory to the general TEMP dir on a different drive.

mount -buf 'D:\TEMP' /tmp

In D:\TEMP everbody has all access rights.

bye
        ago
NP: Lacrimosa - Stumme Worte
--