Re: keyboard jams when switching windows tasks

xev behaved correctly when the xev window had focus when I switched to a MS Windows app (I assume correct means that it spewed key and mouseover events)

When the Konsole that launched xev was given focus and I did the freezing trick, all output halted until I did the unfreezing trick again. I did observe that in the frozen state, pressing ctrl-C in the launching Konsole made the xev window go away, but still no signs of life in the Konsole itself. Maybe just the output of the Konsole is getting jammed up rather than the input?

I will happily perform more tests if you like. If I have time tomorrow, i might tcpdump some normal and "frozen" traffic to test the frozen output theory.

Cheers,
Dan.