Re: telnet doesn't work

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 06:41:33PM +0200, Dmitry Babich wrote:
>I installed cygwin/X on XP box. When I try to telnet to another machine, I
>immediately received prompt back. It looks like telnet do nothing.  I tryed
>"/?" to receive help - still nothing.
>
>Note, that ping works fine.
>
>If I do telnet from Windows cmd window everything works fine. I even tried
>to replace c:/WINDOWS/system32/telnet to those from 2k box - the result is
>same.
>
>Output of "which telnet" is:
>/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/telnet.

This doesn't sound much like a cygwin/x problem to me since there is no
X component.  I'm redirecting this to the cygwin list.

Now that I have redirected this, I should also note that you are not
using a cygwin version of telnet so this is not a cygwin problem, either.

You can try installing the inetutils package by rerunning setup.exe,
clicking on "Net" and clicking on the appropriate widget in the "New"
column.  This will install a cygwin version of telnet.