Re: Startin cygwin-x as guest user or any non-administrator user

This problem has been solved in the mailing archive. Here is snip from
my modified startxwin.bat file.

-------snip----
REM
REM Cleanup after last run.
REM

REM Mount local user %TEMP% as /tmp
mount -f -u -t "%TEMP%" /tmp

if not exist %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 goto CLEANUP-FINISH
attrib -s %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
del %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0

The solution is to mount the users own tmp directory as /tmp for
CygwinX.

Enjoy
Paul