SecureCRT to Xwindows

Hi.  I am new to cygwin and xwindows.  I installed cygwin including all
of the x11 packages and all of the net packages.  I configured SecureCRT
to allow X11 forwarding, but when I try to run a remote program, it says
it can't open the display.

When I log onto my remote server, I am instructed to set the DISPLAY
variable to "ettin:15.0" or something similar.  What is this?  I'm not
exactly how to set the DISPLAY variables.

A complete listing from loging on till the error follows:

Thanks for the help,
Joseph

To use the secure DISPLAY feature of ssh set your DISPLAY environment
variable to "ettin:15.0" after you get your shell prompt.

Please enter the name of an Engineering host <anywhere>:
Last login: Fri Jan 28 19:27:13 from ettin.eng.aubur
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000
Cannot find termcap
wainwright{abrahjm}1: netscape
xstdcmap: cannot open display "".
xdpyinfo:  unable to open display "".