Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?

Hi,

> If your environment on the other end is a UTF-8 locale, then some of the
> selections will use a UTF-8 string.  I don't know offhand if the Cygwin/X
> server supports that, but the clients don't since Cygwin doesn't support
> UTF-8 locales.

If linux side program supports CTEXT or UTF_STRING, you can use any locale.
(And xterm, emacs, mozilla etc supports CTEXT)

If you use programs that use only XA_STRING in UTF-8 locale, maybe copy and
pasted multibyte text will broken. But gtk and qt supports CTEXT, so a few
program have problem.

zakki
--
Kensuke Matsuzaki