Re: Problems building X/Cygwin (no XpConfig)

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 06:13:46PM +0300, Igor Shmukler wrote:
>I actually went to X.org and got latest release of X.  IMHO, cygwin
>documentation sucks.

Comments like "documentation sucks" are completely useless and obviously
intended to make the sender feel self-righteous and irritate the people
who are working on the project.

This is not an "IMHO".  It is a fact.

Anyone with any background in software, and particularly in free
software, would know that the documentation is improved either by
offering specific comments or, even better, by offering actual words to
improve it.  Inflammatory words like "sucks" do absolutely nothing
towards improving anything and just illustrate the senders unhelpful
mindset.

I say this, knowing full well that this email will probably be followed
by point-missers saying "But, the documentation *is* bad! *sob* I can't
figure it out, so it *must* be bad." or "You should listen to the users!
The users!  *sob*"

The rest of this message just continued in kind so, rather than
repeatedly make the same points, I will stop here.

cgf