RE: Unable to launch openGL application on cygwin/X server from Sun S olaris OS

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Gautier, Valentin wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> I try to change windows colordepth but it doesn't do any change, and when I
> launch XWin_GL with GLWIN_DUMP_PFD=1 , I can see that nothing is happening
> when I try to launch my Solaris OpenGL application, nor there is any context
> creation. I don't make any conclusion but I think it fail at the very
> beginning !

please try with glxgears. There should be output in the logfile like this:

[...]
glWinCreateContext:677: glWinCreateContext
PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR:
nSize = 40
nVersion = 1
dwFlags = 37 = {PFD_OVERLAY_PLANE | PFD_UNDERLAY_PLANE | PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER | PFD_
DRAW_TO_WINDOW | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL}
iPixelType = 0 = PFD_TYPE_RGBA
cColorBits = 16
cRedBits = 5
cRedShift = 0
cGreenBits = 6
cGreenShift = 0
cBlueBits = 5
cBlueShift = 0
cAlphaBits = 0
cAlphaShift = 0
cAccumBits = 0
cAccumRedBits = 0
cAccumGreenBits = 0
cAccumBlueBits = 0
cAccumAlphaBits = 0
cDepthBits = 24
cStencilBits = 0
cAuxBuffers = 0
iLayerType = 0
bReserved = 0
dwLayerMask = 0
dwVisibleMask = 0
dwDamageMask = 0

glWinCreateContext:696: glWinCreateContext done
[...]

--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723