Re: Mozilla ready compiled, but not operational

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

bruno patin wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hi,

I have some mozilla binaries, the application starts and the usual
window is displayed, but it does nothing, if an URL is entered in the
address bar and I hit enter, nothing happens, menus are displayed ok,
but clicking on an entry does nothin, tooltips are not working or not
visible, there is only a minimal balloon displayed.  The GTKMozEmbed
test application is working fine and I can browse websites with it.

What may be the problem with the mozilla application?

Who is interested to help debugging this?

Gerrit

Why not but beware, I do not know the internals of mozilla that well (notat all in fact, only reading what something like linux mag could write). What do you want me to do ? Don't forget I have no operational cygwin working at this step as I'm working on the install problem and each test is a long one.

One problem I have at the moment is hardware related:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: final link failed: No space left on device

And I have just 512 MB RAM, but linking a non-debugging version of the necko layout library requires 1.25 GB RAM, the debugging version requires 1.75 GB RAM and lots of free HD space. It is not crucial, it just lasts very long to link this library if 1.25 GB needs to be swapped. I have some more RAM which I can use so this is not really a problem.

If you have enough RAM (1 GB) you could compile it too and then run it with gdb. I'm not in a hurry and I'll be out of town the next week. I try to update my sources and my patchfile to offer a patch which will apply against a recent nightly-snapshot of mozilla.

Gerrit

At work I have this ram but not at home only 756Mb so I will take timeto compile (time to read perhaps :-) ). For the time being I have to download a source equivalent to yours. Do you have a specific adress or do I search on the mozilla site ? One question, when you speak of mozilla, you speak of firefox, am I wrong ?

Bruno