From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Gerrit P. Haase
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 4:22 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

Bobby McNulty wrote:

> OK Chris, here it is. The full report. Complete down to the readme file
> that it is hanging at.
> Cygwin setup is at 97%
> it says install xorg-x11-fscl-6.8.1.0-2
> /usr/X11R6/share/doc/Cygwin/xorg-x11-fscl-6.8.1.0.README
>
> its in a contiuous loop, not gettiing past this point.

In a different posting it was said that it is the fontserver package,
this is a different package.  How should we debug this problem without
correct information?

This is the first posting I see about this issue where I read a detailed
description, all the others I read (maybe I have not seen all of them)
were about some readme file, fontserver..., nothing useful.

I just reinstalled this xorg-x11-fscl package now, it works fine on NT4
AND it works fine on XP/SP2.

$ cygcheck -c xorg-x11-fscl
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
xorg-x11-fscl        6.8.1.0-2      OK

Why don't you send the output of cygcheck -srv as an attachment?

Maybe your mount table is broken?  Maybe your XP/SP2 is broken?

Why are you not providing more information?  You cannot expect that we
can fix a problem which we don't have, I cannot help debugging it
without even seeing the problem.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=