Re: Cygwin/X and loggin on remote server

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
Jani Tiainen wrote:

Initial window closes only after I close second xterm window.

When starting window manager it doesn't close initial window unless
_last_ pipe closes... that mean if I have only xfcwm4 running it will
remain visible as long as session lasts.

I have no idea what causes this. ssh -f also detaches any file descriptors
(you could enforce this with ssh -f -n) and should not keep any references
which will bash or xterm to stay.

Hmm, strange since I can't get this working. Well it's not that big problem but anyways...

Which windows version are you using? I always tested on win2k.

Windoze 2k + all latest "fixes".