xtermcontrol --deiconify/--raise/--lower don't work in multiwindowmode

Hi,

I have been working with the author of xtermcontrol
to get it working nicely under Cygwin, and it seems to be working
except for 3 issues I have noticed. (And I only noticed them
as a fluke).

Normally I run my X in fullscreen mode, using wmaker as my
WindowManager.  When I make xtermcontrol, and then do a
'make test', all the tests run as expected, and to completion.

HOWEVER,
when I get rid of .xserverrc and .xinitrc, and then do startx
using native multiwindow mode,
'make test' does not quite work as expected.  All color
mappings work, but I have noticed that --deiconify,
--raise and --lower do not have any effect.

I was going to see if I could figure out where what's broken, but
the X base is so huge, I'm not sure where to even start looking.

Could someone look into this and see if these are broken,
or could they point me to the proper place in the code base
to look for myself?

Thanks.