Possibly OT: reloading rxvt menus

Hi all,

I realise that this is possibly OT but there is no discussion forum on
the rxvt website and no evidence anyone's been there in months so...

Is there a way to load a new menu into an rxvt v2.7.10 window? I
understand that the escape sequences in the documentation have been
removed for security reasons.

I currently have an ugly workaround where I get the settings of the
current window, spawn a new one with the same settings and then kill
the parent window. This works but is slow and ugly. Any other
suggestions?

Thanks.