Re: Xnest and keyboard layout

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>, now with more reasons.

> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Alexander,
> > > thank you for as usual prompt and to the point
> > > answer.

> > > How can I find out what is the code of the layout
> > > currently enabled in host X server?
> >
> > setxkbmap.exe -v
> > This will print the last xkb settings.
> >
> > $ setxkbmap.exe -v
> > Trying to build keymap using the following components:
> > keycodes:   xfree86+aliases(qwertz)
> > types:      complete
> > compat:     complete
> > symbols:    pc/pc(pc105)+pc/de(nodeadkeys)
> > geometry:   pc(pc105)
> >
> > important is the entry symbols:
> > pc/pc(pc105)+pc/de(nodeadkeys)
> >       ^^^^^     ^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
> >       model layout   variant
> >
> > to set this layout:
> > setxkbmap -model pc105 -variant nodeadkeys de

Ariel,

I'm sorry, I use neither XNest nor the Russian keyboard layout under X.
Perhaps someone else can help.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw