Re: _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix willnot be created.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Lester Ingber wrote:

> I just installed the latest Cygwin update.  In my /tmp/XWinrc I now see:
>
> _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.ls -l /t
> (II) XF86Config is not supported
> (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
>
> I do not see quite this kind of error in the faq?

It is a quite new security implied change. But on cygwin we have no user root and
enforcing directory creation as use root would only cause problems so this is only
a warning on cygwin.

> I started XWin with
> XWin -unixkill -emulate3buttons -clipboard -multiwindow -silent-dup-error
>
> I still see:
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
> I guess this is benign?

This is normal. The CID font directory is set as fontpath but is not installed in X11
for some time now. This is just a warning.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de