PseudoColor "emulation" working.

Hey fellow developers,
Following up my last post regarding pseudocolor emulation and my ideas to fix it, here's an update.

I've modified the XWin server and running pseudocolor applications in an XWin window running ontop a 16/32bpp windows desktop is now possible, using shadow gdi rendering, it's however not possible to run both truecolor and pseudocolor apps at the same time.

When using the -emulatepseudo flag, XWin now opens a window on the desktop with the same depth as the windows desktop however the shadow DIB that's allocated  is 8bpp and only a pseudocolor visual is created. BitBlt() (win32 function) does all the color conversion and the like.
I haven't tested this thoroughly with different pseudocolor apps, just the one i had to get working.

The ToDo-list mentions "Emulate PseudoColor on TrueColor" this is not what this modification does as it doesn't let you run truecolor apps simultaneously.

What i plan to do next, in case of spare time, is to allocate both a 8bpp DIB and a truecolor DIB and point these to their corresponding visuals, let the applications draw to them, then BitBlt() the DIBs to the XWin window (using a different raster-operation code), dunno if this is possible but it's worth a shot.

When not supplying the -emulatepseudo flag the server works just like before.

Is there any interest to merge my changes into the XWin source-tree? Please supply information on how this can be done.

Cheers,
   Sebastian Haby  is 8bpp and only a pseudocolor visual is created. BitBlt() (win32 function) does all the color conversion and the like.