Installing Grace package

Please, help.

I have installed Cygwin/X, INCLUDING grace package to set up a Windows Workstation to do molecular modeling & analysis.
Cygwin bash shell and XWin.exe are working. For example, I can create a screen by typing in BASH txt 'console' xwin.exe -screens 0 600 600.
However when I enter xmgrace, am getting ERROR message "Can't open display - Failed initializing GUI, exiting".

Do I need to get "12 mandatory files" (apparently only 11 for Cygwin) from Xfree86 and run installation using sh xinstall OR
this will be redundant/conflicting/overlapping to/with what was done by installation of xorg-x11-base & other xorg- packages from Cygwin.com?
Before I have tried a commercial X Server (XVision Eclipse) installed after Cygwin w grace, but ERROR persisted.

Is ERROR related to a possibility that "something" related to TCP/IP is "taking"/"redirecting" 127.0.0.1.0:0 ? I can try to repeat all installations on another, Windows 2000 Pro PC Workstation, which has never 'seen' any network, Internet, and thus firewalls, etc sources of crap.
What is 'the best' way to do so ? Just to repeat a Local Installation of Cygwin/X including grace from downloaded packages ? OR to install first a commercial X Server - then what Cygwin packages besides grace ? I prefer not to deal with source codes and compilations, in a hope that binaries should work.

Any other way around ? I found a compact, 'Evgeny's' compilation of grace with all required dlls and other files, including .bat. My understanding is that it may work if I have just an X Server running (and I can have TCP/IP protocol on a standard Windows 2000 Dell Precision, without connecting to any 'private networks' etc sources of kaka possibly conflicting with the display address 127.0.0.1.0:0 - right?), but am not sure I have done everything right with .bat to configure the system properly. I don't understand what Evgeny's "stack running" means. Can anyone redirect me to "Evgeny".

SOS...