Cygwin/X developement: -EMULATEPSEUDO

Hey!

I started to try out Cygwin/X to remotely use a Solaris app, however, the
app uses 8bpp Pseudocolor visual which is only
supported in Cygwin/X when running the windows desktop in 8bpp aswell or
fullscreen, ie. the app works just fine in these two cases.
However I can't use any of these options and therefor need to get the
-emulatepseudo option to work.
I've got the option to compile into XWin but my problem still remains,
menys and certain areas are fine but parts that are suppose to be white
and have lines, rectangles etc.. drawn into them are black.
>From what I've worked out from looking at the sources the -emulatepseudo
option does setup a 8bpp pseudocolor visual aswell as a normal
truecolor visual, but how can i verify that my app draws into the
pseudocolor visual, does the app supply the correct visual ID to my
Xserver?
I've also tried telling XWin to use PseudoColor visual as default visual
id by supplying the -cc option. (-cc 0x27 or -cc 27) but it is ignored.

One thing i haven't figured out yet is with ShadowGDI, it allocates one
screen and one shadow bitmap and blits changes between the shadow and
screen bitmap, also I assume
that the truecolor visual somehow points to the shadow bitmap, but where
does the pseudocolor visual point to? shadow bitmap aswell? why not
allocate another 8bpp bitmap DIB(is this possible?) or in system ram? and
then do some color conversion and blit between that and screen bitmap?
I've got lots of payed time to work on this problem so any pointers / tips
from other developers where to start / where the problems are etc...
are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
   Sebastian Haby