cygwin/x and zonealarm firewall

I saw on the website that some users had problems getting cygwin/x to run properly with ZoneAlarm firewall by zonelabs to work. I myself played around with it and found that it can be made to work easily by setting a few simple things within your zonealarm firewall. Cygwin/x must be able to act as a server and must be able to use its default ip addressing. Cygwin/x uses xterm.exe and xwin.exe in order to establish the x-windows server as far as I can tell. Anytime a program tries to access a network, the internet, or act like a server, zonealarm registers that as trying to access the internet, and zonealarm has a whole section of its program that deals with which programs are trying to access the internet. Once a program tries to access the internet, zonealarm makes a entry in a list. This list can be viewed easily through zonealarm. Red colored"X"'s represent programs are are blocked to internet access. Green check-marks are programs that are allowed. Question marks are programs that, if trying to access the internet, will cause a dialogue box to pop up asking you as a user to allow or deny this program access to the internet. ZoneAlarm can be set up to notify you any time a new program tries to access the internet. Once you know which program it is, you can go into the zonealarm program list, find the program, click and hold where question marks, checks, or x's are to change it, and then change it to whatever you want. Usually there are 2 categories to set for each program, access and server. For cygwin/x, the server category can remain blocked. The access category, which has two parts, trusted and internet, must both be set to allow(green check-mark). Afterwards, each program that accesses cygwin/x in order to display must also be allowed. I have mine set up to ask when a program it doesn't know about tries to access the internet. If it happens right after I have tries starting an cygwin/x program, then I know that program is causing the dialogue box from zonealarm. I click on allow, then later go into the zonealarm program list and permanently allow that program access. Then zonealarm will not ask me again about it. As long as you do this, you can run both cygwin/x programs and zonealarm concurrently.
I hope this information is useful to someone.
Sincerely,
Benjamin Garman